Company Directors

HMRC require a director to complete a self-assessment tax return each year. UK resident directors will need to declare their worldwide income on the self-assessment tax return as well as income from the company. Directors will typically have the following sources of income from the company they are employed by.

  • Salary earned from the directorship.
  • Expenses and benefits.
  • Dividend income.
  • Interest from loans made to the company.


A director should notify HMRC by 5 October following the tax year in which he becomes a director.

How can Emulous Accounting help?

  • Calculate the tax payable on salaries, benefits, and dividends.
  • Complete your tax return using HMRC approved software.
  • Register you for self-assessment.
  • Reduce payments on an account where applicable.

If you need help and advice in relation to your rental property please get in touch.

For more detailed information and to arrange a free consultation tax return services willesden, please contact us.

13 Balmoral Road

Willesden Green



Company Number