Why use an accountant?
An accountant can help collate all your business information and make submissions on your behalf to the company house as well as Her majesties revenue and customs (HMRC) such as:
- Annual accounts
- Annual tax returns SA100 as well as CT600
- Payroll, Real-time information returns (RTI)
- Confirmation statements
- VAT return
Why use a chartered or certified accountant?
The main reason to have a qualified accountant such as an ACCA or ACA qualified accountant is that any individual that has the chartered or certified qualification has gone through a rigorous training programme to obtain those qualifications and the qualification ensures a high level of expertise. Broadly speaking you have to pass a number of exams and have to have worked in the field for a minimum of 3 years under strict supervision of an expert.
What is the deadline for submitting small company accounts?
For a small company the deadline for submitting the accounts to company’s house is 9 months and 1 day after the year.
What is the deadline for filing a personal tax return?
The deadline for filing a personal tax return is 31 January following the end of the tax year. The same deadline applies to payments.
What services does Emulous provide?
- Annual accounts
- Annual tax returns
- Inheritance tax planning
- Trust tax planning
- Capital gains tax mitigation advice
- Nonresident individuals tax advice
- Domicile and remittance basis tax planning
What are the benefits of hiring an accountant?
- Ensure all legal obligations are being met
- Make use of available reliefs
- Help reduce your tax bill
- Help make better more profitable decisions
- Provide management accounts
- Reduce the admin burden
- Provide peace of mind
What are my obligations as a director?
There are many responsibilities a director has. Some of the key ones are as follows:
- Ensure company accounts and tax returns are accurate e.g CT600 and annual accounts registering for VAT and PAYE
- Ensure all documents are submitted on time
- Exercise reasonable skill care and diligence
- Promote the success of the company
- Comply with legal obligations such as health and safety laws, employment laws etc
What is the deadline for submitting small company tax return?
The deadline for submitting a small companies tax return is 12 months after the accounting period ends although it is worth noting that payment is due 9 months and 1 day after the accounting period ends unless your taxable profits exceed £1.5 million
Is Emulous Accounting a regulated qualified accounting practice? Yes
Do I get charged for my first consultation?
No there is no charge for the initial consultation, in fact you are likely to get some great ideas so why not come and have a chat